I'm very proud to say that is how long I breastfed my son. We were just down to early morning feedings and that was it. I was going to hang on to it for awhile after the miscarriage. I cut out the night time nursing sessions when I found out I was pregnant.
So he usually wakes early in the morning to nurse then goes back to sleep for a couple of hours. He stopped. At first it was really nice to sleep straight through w/o waking to get up and nurse him then go back to sleep. But this morning I did miss it a little. When he did wake at his normal time to get up for the day I was very tempted to nurse him. For myself not him though. And that's not who this is about, its about him not me. So I didn't. I sat him in the highchair and gave him breakfast. He didn't seem to miss it.
Deep down I really want to wait until he self weaned but if it got to a certain point (age) I would have cut him off. So I'm glad that he did this himself. It really helps me to not feel guilty for it. It will be nice to have time where I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding, however it almost wasn't.. :).
Thanks all of you that have given me support and encouragement through this first time mom breastfeeding!
Love you all!
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment