Monday, August 10, 2009

Dear Granny,

We miss you. All of us, probably more than we thought. Andrew, Ethan!, and Myself went to grandma and papaw's this weekend. It is always so strange not seeing you sitting in your chair. It feels like you should still be there, it feels like you'll get out of bed and coming walking down the hallway. I enjoyed the time that I had with you and getting to know you. I think it was a blessing. How many people can say they got to "hang out" with their great grandparents. I didn't feel like it was 'work' or a burden when Ethan and I would come over to sit with you. I enjoyed it and I know he did too. I can't wait until he is old enough for me to tell him about you and the bond the two of you had.
My babies in heaven have been in my mind A LOT lately, please for me hold them and kiss them. I know you are taking care of them for me, as I know you loved my babies that I have here on earth. I am blessed to know that you are now there with them.
Thanks for the company you gave me when I would come over. I'll never forget it and I'll cherish those moments. You calling Ethan "Peee paaah" when you were trying to get his attention. You watching his every move (sometimes more than I was) to ensure that he wouldn't get hurt. You allowing him to play with, on, and around your walker!
Miss you,
Renee


My great grandma died on July 15th. I didn't expect to miss her as much as I do. She moved up here about 4 years ago to live with my grandparents so they could take care of her. Ethan and I had the privilege to go and sit with her everyday for a couple months while sadly my grandma when to radiation. I'm so grateful we had those moments with her. Ethan loved her and would always make sure she was OK, made sure she had enough water in her cup and if it was empty he would be letting someone know so she could have more water. It was sweet to watch the two of them together.
I only hope that I can live to be 95!

Here are some pictures of my Granny with two of her GREAT GREAT Grand kids.


No comments: